It has been a month since i lived in Balangan. Honestly, i never imagine that it would be so exciting.
Let me tell you first about what i am doing in here and why this place can be so homey.
Im a medical intern. In my major, after graduation, i have to go some place (especially in the rural area) for practicing what i’ve learnt in medical school. Since we are “playing” with human, there is a tutor that will guide, accompany and also observe our medical practice. There is also a logbook for recording our case and also portofolio. And we have to collect more than 400 cases in a year as well. Haha.. #stress
There are 12 medical interns in this district, and all of us comes from the same university. We are devided into 3 teams and would be rotated in puskesmas and hospital every 4 months. in the hospital itself, we are also doing rotation every week in several department such as adult and pediatric ward, clinic, emergency room, etc.
SALARY? We re paid IDR2,5 million a month. Hm, actually that number is more than enough for our stressless job that only take 2-6hours a day. :))
Then, why do i feel so blessed being in here? Hihi #cekidot
1. Since i was born and grow up in jakarta, i’m so excited to live in the peaceful mountain range like balangan. Even our house and also hospital are in the middle of the forest as well. 😀
2. As the visitor, the local government rent us two houses with low cost of living. it is located at the Griya Mahakam, house regency which is only allowed for certain government functioners to live. This regency is kept by several securities 24hours a day. So, we are relly feeling save to live in here.
3. We are, as a medical intern, are respected by another as a “doctor”. So, its happier to see how people greeting and also chatting with you in our daily activities.
4. I have a great friends as my second family in here. They are the only things that wont makes me feel lonely to face the days in year ahead.
5. A lot of cases in this hospital are appropriate for a general pracitionaire like me. We can also can directly examine the patients and giving the treatment (of course by the agreement of our tutor).
6.though i dont have any ability for speaking and understanding banjar language, a lot of the nurses here will be pleased to explain you what the patient’s said and help you to crab their words and respond them, also in balangan language.
7. Everyday is a running day. Thats excactly what i love to do in the evening. We usually run for approximately 2-3 km at the up and down tract inside the bupati regency.
8. As our house is far away from the traditional market, everyday the girls have to cook for breakfast and dinner. Even sometimes i thought that it was a cooking internship other than a medical one. I learn so much about cooking and hope it will be good for my future as a woman. Haha #preet
9. I’m treated to be a good animal hunter since there are a lot of insect and reptile inside our house. No more screaming in facing them. Lol
10. Since you live in the rural place that far away from the city, you ll spend money less. Its not about saving money but actually there is not much things you can buy in here. Even for buying snacks, you have to go by car and take 10minutes to the central of this district. What a life!